To fulfil its role, the TACPS sets the following as its main tasks:
- Engaging in thematic cultural policy and cultural governance research projects;
- Facilitating academic exchanges locally and globally to strengthen international recognition in Taiwan cultural policy research;
- Promoting cultural policy thesis, periodicals, and book publications;
- Organizing regular policy forums for monitoring, evaluating public cultural sectors and providing constructive dialogues;
- Participating in cultural governance, policy-making and lobbying;
- Enhancing educators’ content knowledge and instructional skills in areas of cultural policy and cultural governance;
- Participating in governmental and private-sponsored research projects, planning initiatives, and providing professional consultation and support.