Welcome to our website. Please carefully read the terms and conditions set out below. They state how you may use this website, which is operated on behalf of the “Taiwan Association of Cultural Policy Studies” (hereinafter “TACPS”)and our limitations of liability. By accessing and using the site, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions (hereinafter “TERMS”).
1.1 These TERMS govern your access to and use of this site.
1.2 By using this site, you confirm that you agree to comply with the TERMS. If you do not agree to be bound by these TERMS, please do not use this site.
2. CHANGES TO THE TERMS
We may update these TERMS from time to time. Amendments to the TERMS will be effective from the date the revised TERMS are made available on this page. You are responsible for checking for each amended set of terms. To make this easier, each version will be dated with the date on which it commences.
3.1 You may view, download and/or print material from this site for your own use only (including for research purposes). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to reprint or republish any material to which you have gained access on this site (including if you would like to repost any material to another website). The above does not include content marked as Open Access License(from our CPME Journal or other online publishing).
3.2 For clarity, the license in clause 3.1 is non-exclusive and non-transferable.
4.1 You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the TERMS. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any any law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from Taiwan or other countries).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate TACPS any employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the site, or which, as determined by us, may harm TACPS or users of the site or expose them to liability.
4.2 Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the site. Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the site, the server on which the site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the website.
- Attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site.
5. OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED
5.1 Unless expressly stated otherwise, and except where required by law, we make no warranties, express or implied, in relation to this site or the services supplied through this site, including but not limited to warranties of accuracy, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5.2 To the maximum extent permitted by law, we do not make any warranties that this site will be available, complete, up-to-date, uninterrupted or free from errors, omissions, bugs or viruses.
5.3 To the maximum extent permitted by law and save as expressly stated in these TERMS, all other express or implied terms, conditions, warranties, statements, assurances and representations in relation to the sites and/or any content on this site arising from these TERMS are expressly excluded.
5.4 Except as required by law, in no event will we (including our agents, employees or contractors) be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (even if we are aware of the possibility of such loss or if such loss was otherwise foreseeable), including, but not limited to, loss of profits, production, data, opportunity or goodwill or business interruption, however caused and on any theory of liability, including without limitation, contract or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising during and/or as a result of our performance or non-performance of these Terms and including any such loss:
- caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this site or to your downloading of any content on it or on any Sites linked to them; or
- that may arise from your use of Sites to which this site links (such links not to be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked Sites or of any goods or services offered on or through them); or
- caused by your reliance on information available on this site (always consult a properly qualified professional before relying on any information).
5.5 If any of the exclusions or limitations set out in this clause are declared illegal or void or if there has been a breach of a term, condition, warranty, statement or assurance which cannot be excluded by these TERMS, then, to the extent permitted by law, our entire liability and your exclusive remedy is limited to, at our discretion, the replacement of any applicable service, or the supply of equivalent service.